Cheers To Finger Power!

Cheers To Finger Power!

Mind you, this is not a “Green” concept and neither does it claim to be “Eco Friendly”. It’s just a helpful solution for a tricky situation. The situation being: you running out of juice on your mobile phone. So what do you do? Remove the battery from the back of the phone; give it a few good turns around your index finger and its gathered enough power to last you a conversation or a safe trip to your charger and electric point.
Designers: Song Teaho & Hyejin Lee

swing_your_energy

swing_your_energy2

swing_your_energy3

Future technology devices concept
Ebook readers
Concept phone nokia
Interesting technology
Future computers concept
Cool gadgets 2010
Technology future

Comments (90)
  • January 13th, 2010 at 8:48 am

Very smart source of energy!

• Zer0

January 14th, 2010 at 7:45 pm

The Battery for those that pleasure themselves a lot 🙂

• The guy that wrote this

January 15th, 2010 at 2:41 am

This could effectively eliminate chargers if they make it effecient enough. I’d buy it the second it hit shelves.

• asit agarwal

January 15th, 2010 at 2:55 am

wonderful concept keppt it up

• January 16th, 2010 at 3:45 am

Wow, this is awesome design! Better than those shakeable flashlights.

• Pingback: Tweets that mention Future of technology,Breakthrough Technology, Innovation,The Future Now, » Cheers To Finger Power! -- Topsy.com

• raidorf

January 16th, 2010 at 8:16 am

I think it is a bad idea compared to pulling a string or a nylon cord to recharge something….

because pulling a cord like a lawnmower starter makes 2 hour of standby in 1 minute compared 25 minutes with finger power.

• January 16th, 2010 at 10:22 am

A bit awkward as it is but the concept has legs

• isaac

January 16th, 2010 at 1:40 pm

awesome, i hope they sell it and its not just an idea like many

• January 16th, 2010 at 2:59 pm

very interesting.
    nice design also.

• January 17th, 2010 at 2:00 pm

I can see batteries getting flung across the room everywhere.

• Anoni Moose

January 24th, 2010 at 4:53 pm

Hmmmm… if the volume/room used for the finger and generator were used for a second small backup battery, and there was just a little switch to do a transfer……

• Lex

February 4th, 2010 at 7:33 pm

coool ideal

• Mehmet Ali

February 9th, 2010 at 3:04 am

Nice project. ı see it before seiko swatchs.. Generaly same

• ooootay

February 11th, 2010 at 9:37 pm

@raidorf
    Okay but size is what matters here. If we were to attach a lawnmower cord and a generator to our cell phones it would defeat the purpose.

• SpencerC

February 18th, 2010 at 12:54 am

Okay. Good idea. But what about FINGER size? Are there going to be different sized batteries? What about people who don’t have average finger size (i.e. large or small)? Are they left out of the mix now?

• Bu

February 19th, 2010 at 12:45 pm

does not have to be finger. we can use pen or pencil or whatever to rotate it. i believe it helps make it smaller

• Gamble

March 2nd, 2010 at 2:23 pm

I work at a battery store and i have no idea how this would work. cell phones are all 3.6 volt systems or close to it. not 4.7-6v. and what chemistry would it me? li-ion? idk just doesn’t seem to be explained.

• TheMagHouse

March 3rd, 2010 at 12:06 am

Need to make a car battery I can swing around like that..

• TheMagHouse.com

March 3rd, 2010 at 12:08 am

I need one of those for my car!!

• Kev

March 3rd, 2010 at 12:12 pm

As we couriers are on the road every day there always comes a time when we may have forgotten the phone charger cable.
    This idea would solve the problem enough until you got back.
    Brilliant, I want one.

• Pingback: Charge your phone battery using your finger « London Sameday Couriers

• Francesc

March 19th, 2010 at 8:33 pm

This is awesome. Too bad the iPhone doesn’t have a removable battery. Would be cool if the iPad allowed for users to take the battery out, spin it around a few times as it gathers juice, then pop it back in. Speaking of iPads, this company is giving away an iPad for just registering

• Pingback: Ma batterie elle aime ça ! « WebCreation

• seanfalloy

April 3rd, 2010 at 5:40 pm

haha about as useful as a flashlight you have to shake to see for 30 seconds.

And the one problem with efficiency is that even a perfect system can only provide as much energy as what is put into the system. And spinning an object around your finger does not provide very much energy to be stored and used later.

• travis

April 4th, 2010 at 5:40 pm

this seems like a good idea, but to spin it 130 times to get 2 minutes of use out of it seems pretty useless… it would give you just about enough time to make a call, and say hi, then lose batter power again. if it was made much more efficient, then it would be very useful.

good job though, awesome concept. keep it up!

• Pingback: Humanoid robot – Geminoid TMF » Future Technology

• BenDZN

April 7th, 2010 at 12:31 pm

I already had this idea, to bad I don’t ever try and get patents produce my genius ideas.

Removing the battery cover and removing the battery to swing on your finger is just poor design. Not only does it make the recharge process a hassle it has potential risk to fly off your finger get lost or get sand on it, etc.

The better way to do it: Just spin the phone on the table (or between your fingers) like spin the bottle = no battery removal, same centrifugal force. Idiots they wish they were as smart as me.

• Russell

May 3rd, 2010 at 11:51 pm

@Anoni Moose
    that would kind of defeat the purpose.

• algdfa

June 27th, 2010 at 8:44 pm

Need to make a car battery I can swing around like that..

• Levi

July 15th, 2010 at 7:01 am

nice idea … just one problem tho, for smart phones like blackberrys & iphones, they take ages to restart so it would be annoying to take the battery out everytime you wanted to recharge it! get what i mean?

• Mat

September 8th, 2010 at 9:34 pm

@Itsashirt T shirts
    How is this not a green concept? No green gases are released while creating this energy!

• greg

September 9th, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Um ben it doesn’t use centrifugal force to turn the battery its a gear that you use your finger to turn to charge it up….spinnning your phone with this system in it I would love to see someone do that and wonder why they aren’t getting a charge xD

• Nichole

November 1st, 2010 at 4:36 pm

I can see it now… I’m sitting on a crowded train and my phone dies. So I pop out the charger and start casually swinging it around my finger when… OOOPS!… it flies off and smacks some old lady in the face sitting three rows away from me.

Don’t see what I mean? Just try swinging a keychain around your finger right now. Go ahead, I’ll wait… which way did it fly off? Did you hit anyone?

• anonymous

November 2nd, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Another Chinese designer creates something “green” that could never work.

I understand these guys are designers not engineers, but you can’t just create a concept without looking into the science behind it.

So yeah, I’ve invented a helicopter that runs on thin air, It’s small and light enough to fold up into a backpack and best of all its only emission is ice cream.

How does it work you ask? Well, I dunno, but I drew a pretty picture of it in photoshop so you should put it up on your website

• bear2die4

November 4th, 2010 at 9:23 pm

@#31
    this can actually work, if it’s friction powered.
    just like those little cars that you pull back and let go?
    yeahh… there are some flaws…
    like the start-up time of the cell phone..
    but this would be perfect in case of emergencies.. i doubt you’d need more than a minute to call 9-1-1
    (even if you did… they usually hang up after a minute)
    awesome concept… and i’d like to have it 😀

• Cheech

November 4th, 2010 at 10:47 pm

Great concept, but the battery life of two minutes is a little impracticable…
    “hold on a sec, I gotta spin my phone”

• shapewear

November 5th, 2010 at 4:17 pm

this is a nice concept. but as others stated, 2min battery life is impracticable. maybe if it could charge more then it could be useful.

• joon

November 6th, 2010 at 10:13 pm

i like the concept, but everyone’s right. it’s missing a lot of things and a few problems. neat idea though.

• Pingback: Nueva forma de recargar la batería del telefono | Diseño web Colombia Macromedios

• haaaaaa

November 13th, 2010 at 4:34 am

what about fat people

• Pingback: Wind It Up! | Strobelit Goldfish

• LOL

November 15th, 2010 at 5:07 am

“No charging while driving”.

• StopThatJunk

November 18th, 2010 at 12:21 pm

To keep the factories running in China they need to sell even if it is junk like this. Imagine every battery comes with a miniature generator – providing sales boost to industries making magnets, copper, plastic parts and junk batteries.

• Jordyn

November 18th, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Do you make one with diffrent finger sizes?? Because what if every 1 could use those- diffrent phone batterys, and finger sizes with a good prise could be a GREAT thing

• Dave

November 19th, 2010 at 10:45 am

For me: one of the best concept for last few months! Just work on it a bit more and will be perfect! I will get one myself, too!

• car_recorder_camera

November 19th, 2010 at 2:34 pm

this is a great solution for some situation, just don’t know if it can easy to be charge by this way

• kevin

November 19th, 2010 at 7:23 pm

I can just see how easy it would be for that thing to go flying off your finger, then you would have a dead phone, AND, a dead battery. 🙂

• Alexander

November 19th, 2010 at 7:30 pm

@Nichole
    You kno’. Try a keychain with about 1dm chain. Then hold your left hand around the top of the finger you’re using.

Hard to explain I suppose, but if you’re just a little smart about it there is no problem.

Now that you have to take out the battery is quite a pain thou’.

• chacha

November 20th, 2010 at 11:00 pm

@Zer0

you pleasure yourself quite oddly if its similar to this

Leave Comment

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.